November - Time's are a changin' - LITERALLY!
Today is time for change and change for time.
Change for Time - We 'fall back' today and get an extra hour to our day. I've never really gotten that 'Groundhog Day' effect, living the same hour over and over, but in the Spring time, when we 'spring forward', I feel like I lose more than one hour . . . That will just have to remain one of the mysteries of the universe I suppose.

Time for Change - Our dear friend and neighbor, Randall, is going to Iraq for a year, for 'work'. That sounds like he's just going to Dothan or Atlanta for work, but he is going to be half way around the world, something like eight time zones away. I can't remember if that's tomorrow or yesterday LOL and with the time change, heck, it could be next week! Pray for Randall as he is away from all things familiar - family, home, work, and friends. There is one constant that Randall will have - GOD is travelling with him, is already there, will be there his entire time in Iraq, and will come back home with him. Pray for Randall's family - hopefully it will be a 'FAST YEAR' for everyone.
Another time for change is looming on our horizon - Parker is almost halfway through his Senior year. We have begun the college application process - he has been accepted by one, and waiting on answers from two others. Pray for Parker and us as we start to transition. We have 'raised' a good son - he is smart, hard-working, thoughtful, and fun. I hope I wasn't too busy being a parent to miss anything . . . but I suppose that's what we were supposed to be doing. And I know that probably isn't grammatically correct, so don't send me any messages about a double anything . . .
Ok, as for the 'Party of Four', we are good. Cotton season is in full swing, so I am working extra-hard. Randy and the boys, mainly Paxton, are enjoying Auburn football, in person. Parker and I enjoy watching the games on TV together. We DVR them so we can watch our Tigers over and over. Auburn is having a great year! We are proud to be Auburn Tigers !!
Enjoy this cooler weather and the falling leaves.

No comments:
Post a Comment