I am a terrible blogger. Period. I thought I was doing better, but the blogline does not lie. I have not posted since June 0f 2011. And of course life has changed drastically.
We are officially the parents of a college student! What a change that has been, mostly for Paxton. He misses his brother and is not ashamed to admit it. Parker is attending Troy University in Troy and began the first semester with rooming with three high school friends. First semester was a big success! Parker pledged Farmhouse Fraternity, keeping up the family tradition. Tucker (Mary's middle) also pledge Farmhouse with Parker. His cousins Jon and Hudson are now his 'brothers' as well. He also maintained a 4.0 GPA!! I can live with that!
People ask me if it was hard to let him go, and yes, while we miss him, this was the plan all along! God has been in charge since he was born, we were just the chosen caregivers. He calls and texts often and come home when he can. God is good!
Our family (immediate and extended) is changing and growing as well. While we lost Aunt Virginia (Alsobrook), we gained new baby "Witt" (Zach and Lindsey). We will also gain a girl in the immediate family in July. Jon (Sallie's oldest) is getting MARRIED! His future wife's name is Marjorie and she is from Tuscaloosa. Randy is making peace with the fact that he will actually have to go to Tuscaloosa. Mama enjoys good health and still drives and has all her social and political and community duties. She is one busy woman!
March Madness is in full swing on the basketball court, in the weather, and in our house. We wouldn't have it any other way!
Until next time . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
glad to see you found your way back!!
Post a Comment